Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Autumn is a great time to try out this twist on a classic recipe. They're easy to make, with a lightly sweet, light and fluffy cake-like textured cookie base. And of course with delicious chocolate chunks, they're sure to be a win. Soft, moist, and delicious, make them with or without coarsely chopped walnuts to your taste.
25 minutes • Makes 2-3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (canned)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Pep & Zip Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pep & Zip Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 tsp Pep & Zip Sea Salt
- 1 1/2-2 cups chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined. Finally stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop cookies on by the spoonful about 2 inches apart. Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops if desired.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.