Pollo Asado Recipe
Smokey, tangy, spicy pollo asado is a Mexican cuisine classic that easily dials up grilled chicken to the next level. Our Pep & Zip® Pollo Asado seasoning blend has the perfect mix of garlic, onion, cumin, and spices to achieve authentic “asado” flavor.
- 1 ½ tbsp Pep & Zip® Pollo Asado Seasoning
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp any vegetable oil
- 1 ½ pounds chicken thighs or legs, trimmed of excess skin or fat
- Mix the Pep & Zip Pollo Asado seasoning with the orange juice and oil to create a paste.
- Apply the paste evenly all over the chicken and marinade from 1 hour up to overnight.
- Scrape off as much marinade paste as possible from the surface of the chicken to prevent burning during cooking. This marinade should be discarded as it has been in contact with raw chicken and should not be eaten.
- Roast the chickens or chicken pieces until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve the chicken with tortillas, pico de gallo, and salsa for a simple taco, or serve with rice and beans for a main course plate.